Site Reliability Engineer
- Location: Bristol
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: £Negotiable
Please send your CV or get in touch
About the Job
As an engineer in the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Team, you will be responsible for enabling higher quality software and customer service and the promotion and support of best practice across the entire Epro technical team.
We aim to increase business efficiency and our ability to scale our software and services to a growing number of customers.
Epro (www.epro.com) is based in Bristol city centre and our software supports the care of 15 million+ NHS patients, handling 70 million transactions p.a. in the UK. Our agile culture is very much developer / engineering focused and high standards are expected because that’s what they would want should we become patients.
We offer a supportive and dynamic environment with perks including 23 days paid holiday plus bank holidays, pension contribution, ongoing professional development and regular social activities.
You enjoy developing and supporting the operation of applications that actually make a difference and help people. You’re a quality-driven engineer who values ethical and integrity-driven products.
You enjoy creating solutions and take responsibility for their successful delivery and maintenance throughout the lifetime of the developed product.
The successful candidate will also:
- Hold a technical or scientific degree or post-graduate degree, preferably computer science or similar
- Have a logical approach to problem solving, with a can-do attitude, but also not be afraid to ask for help where necessary
- Be a self-starter with the ability to self-manage workload, targets and priorities
- Possess a high degree of personal initiative with the drive, resilience and ability to meet challenging goals
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the business and key customer contacts
- Have experience with and desire to learn more about most of the key technologies we use within and to support our product:
- C# / .NET
- HTML, CSS and Web APIs
- SQL (ideally MS SQL server)
- Hosting and hardware
- Virtualisation platforms (e.g. HyperV and VMWare)
- Linux servers
- TCP/IP networking
- Windows 10 desktop PCs
- iOS devices
- Windows 2008 R2 and higher
- Tools and services
- Visual Studio 2015 and higher
- Active Directory
- Google Apps
- Respond in a timely manner to any disruption affecting our customers
- Improve reliability and efficacy of internal infrastructure to support all business units
- Support customers and internal teams
- Work with Professional Services team to deliver effective 2nd and 3rd line support
- Work with other software engineers to enable effective delivery of 4th-line support
- Remotely deploy, update and maintain our software on customer servers
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our services
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company
- Scope and implement automation for deployment, management and visibility of our services
- Eventually automate responses to all non-exceptional service conditions